Looking For Someone Other Than Lesco?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by AmGreen, Feb 20, 2008.

1. AmGreen

AmGreen LawnSite Senior Member

For all the guys and gals in North Carolina (Raleigh area) looking for a different supplier than LESCO - try GETSCO. I contacted a guy there that was once at LESCO (store manager) about some pricing and WOW!:clapping: $17 for a 50# bag of Pre-emergent with Fert. seemed like a great price. Better yet, he can answer almost any question you throw at him.

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Aren't they the ones that have the caveman commercials?

Seriously though, that is an obvious bite off of lesco's name. I wouldn't doubt if JD has their attorneys calling soon. You can get very good quality fert from other suppliers than leaco, but check the label and make sure it is the same quality.

In my area AG suppliers seem to be the best for price and quality. You can special order almost anything, and its still 30% less than the equivilent at Lesco.

3. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Got any contact info on em ? I'm on the obx and it's worth a few hours drive if the price is right. Thanks

4. AmGreen

Yeah, (252) 235-5015. Ask for Phil Crawford, he'll take good care of you - been in the biz for a long long time.

5. AmGreen

Not so sure LESCO can really do much about it. GETSco originally started out as an errosion control supplier. They have just recently started offering other products for the green industry.

6. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

do u guys have any johnathon green's by u

7. AmGreen

don't think we do...

8. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

U should find out if there is any by u. They deliver right to are yard with are orders.

9. AmGreen

Yeah, GETSco does the same, as well as making service calls if you've got a lawn that you just can't figure out what the problem is. I'm sure it has to be within a reasonable distance.

10. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Thanks, I'll give em a call.