looking for southern growers...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mcclureandson, Dec 1, 2006.

1. mcclureandson

mcclureandson LawnSite Member

Anyone know quality wholesale growers in the South Carolina area? I'm paying too much for my plants but haven't had the time to research alternatives? I don't do a huge volume...maybe spend 3K a month on plant material. I use alot of 3gal , 7gal and 25gal plants...half a dozen b&b's each month. I'm paying +/- $8 for a 3gal, $22 for a 7gal and $80 and up for the larger ones. Thanks.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

you might want to look into cherry lake tree farm for the large stuff. they are located in central Florida. and they do ship natiowide. heck their trucks come up north on a regular basis..... and the quality is great....and price are good as well

http://www.cherrylake.com/

3. gpenny

gpenny LawnSite Member

I use Jim Ken in Gilbert. Don't know if there's much difference in prices however. Three gals. are 7.50 to 7.75 ea.

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

5. mcclureandson

Thanks. I appreciate the info.

6. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I see you are in Columbia. I would probally say Jim Ken also. I am in Rock Hill, SC but grew up in Lexington and either them or Wingards is who we always use. I am getting most of my 1gals. for 4.50, 3gal. = $8.50, and 7 gal = 24.95. That is wholesale prices that my local nursery charges to landscapers.

7. mcclureandson

I'm already paying less than that...you should try Alex's Nursery or Congaree Feed & Seed. Do you know a good source for small B&B's or 25 gallons? I'm thinking I might stockpile a hundred or so 3gallons at my place and move them up to 7's next year to save some money.

8. MowJoeLandscaping

MowJoeLandscaping LawnSite Member

I can get 2"-5"cal. bradford pears, maples, oaks, zelcovas, cherries, etc. I can deliver 20 to 1,000. Usually cost of tree is 50-80 ea, with reasonable delivery fee. I haul for a nursery that pushes 20 tractor trailers a day. as far as shrubs 3 gals $10, 7 gal $20, 10 gal depends on fullness. 910 890 3358