looking for specialized equipment

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by i_plant_art, Aug 19, 2006.

1. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

Guys and Gals im looking for a chipper or shreader, you know like the ones you pull behind your truck and shread up branches with..... but instead of being loaded horizontal i am looking for one that can be loaded vertically, say with/by a skid loader, by just dumping a load of material over into it. This will be things like rubish, mulch etc etc ... not branches, limbs or stumps..... i ahve searched and searched but have yet to located anything other than the big tub grinders you see at the mulch yards.. and thats too big. Im looking for one that would be probally 50-60hp or so. Needs ot be a nice size and be able ot process around 20-40 tons an hour.

Thanks

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.vermeermfg.com/vcom/EnvironmentalEquipment/Line/PrdlnID/3305/tub-grinders.htm

You want a tub grinder then. However, unless you have half a million to invest in a machine I would advise just buying a regular chipper...

3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

i knoq of the tub grinders, they are too large and will process more than what i need done, i dont need that much output...... plus im not fixing to spend that much money.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Exactly so if you dont want a tub grinder get a regular horizontal feed chipper. Still get to bend over to the tune of 80k or so.