Looking for suggestions on a MANUAL pole saw/pruner/Lopper

Discussion in 'Tree Service Equipment' started by Twinlakes, Apr 29, 2014.

1. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Silky.
    easy-lift guy

2. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl does indeed sell hand tools. They have telescoping, and multi-piece manual pole pruners.

Not quite in-line with this thread, but I own a Stihl PP-100 manual pole pruner (it is fixed at around 6' long, and works like a high powered handheld pruner, but with extended reach), and it is my absolute favorite pruner. The best part is how the pruning head swivels 270 degrees from the grip, and is mounted at an angle, so you can really cut exactly where you want.
    http://www.stihlusa.com/products/pole-pruners/professional-pole-pruners/pp100/
    Any time I can't reach a branch with my Felco's, that's what I go for.
    It's super light, and even sort of possible to one-hand. Try that with an extension pole pruner!
    But 12' is past it's reach. I'd say if you're tall, but still keep your feet on the ground, 10' is more like it's real maximum reach (when you're stretching, and one-handing it).

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  3. gardengnome

gardengnome LawnSite Member

Sorry, my mind was still on that PP900 mentioned earlier. :dizzy:

4. homeworxbysteve

homeworxbysteve LawnSite Member

I have a few of the fiskars telescoping lopper/pole saws. The have a pretty reliable saw and the ones i have extend to 14 feet.. I have been doing landscape maintenance for 19 years and i have never had a problem of any kind with them. The way things are these days i can't see spending a wadd of money just to have a tool with a fancy name on it.. You can purchase them at lowes , home depot & walmart for about $29.99 - $49.99