looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by topdog, Jan 11, 2009.

1. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

this will be my first season in full time applications, & i am looking for advice on set ups for my truck. i purchased a used skid sprayer already, have plenty of spyker spreaders, & looking into gettting a permagreen (haven't decided on new or used yet). i've been looking at some of the post with pictures to see how others are laying out there trucks. any input will be appreciated.

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

What part of Indiana are you in?

3. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

southern indiana

4. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

What kind of truck? Pick up?..What size bed? Will this truck only be used for applications?

5. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Are you licensed? Go organic it is safer for you and customers and less competetion - at least today!

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Oh yeah....and he forget to add that is doesn't work! :dizzy:

RE-ENACTMENT FROM ORGANIC APPLICATORS

"Oh Mr customer you have weeds...well that is ok becuase they add mycoryze to the soil and you will have a great root mass on your turf and weeds also absorb destructive sun rays that are getting through the ozone because of all the other lawn care companies that are using chemicals. Weeds are really a good thing. We don't like to see anything killed, plus there is no such thing as an organic selective weed control. BTW...we are having a vegetarian party during Obama's inaguaration...so if you are interested maybe you could bring some spinich dip!"

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  7. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

You're 100% correct..................................about no organic selective weed control. :)

8. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

yes, i am licensed. i went through Purdue last season to get my license.
    i have 4 work trucks, 4 employees, & mow about 100 accounts a week. this is just my first year doing the apps side. i bought out the guy i used to sub apps to (he wanted to retire). he has aprox 200 app customers. i am really excited for the upcoming season.
    i was really looking for advice on all the small little things you guys have learned on the way. for example what glooves you like, what type spill kits you carry with you, setting up truck/trailer, extra stuff to carry with you, & etc..
    i already have most everything i think i need, spreaders, skid sprayer, flags, door hangers, LICENSE, trucks, insurance, trailers, blowers, & etc.

Thanks,

Scott

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Barry,

I was just trying to make a funny! :laugh:

No disrespect to you or your product! You know where I stand!

I don't have ANY trouble with people using organics...just don't appreciate people that push them!

Wares me out!

BTW...thanks for the sample! I will call you soon!

10. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Too bad the guy you bought from doesn't run through a season with you. Work out the bugs and questions OJT. Skimp on training = expensive inefficencies. I'd pay him to do ridealongs for a while. One day OJT is better than 20 hours of advice.

Advice comes from preference as a general rule. Not everybody prefers blondes.