Looking for Turf Revitalizer Owners

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Terraformer, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Terraformer

Terraformer LawnSite Member

I would like to hear - likes and dislikes -from anyone using Lawn Solutions Turf Revitalizer. I'm particularly interested in the 30" model - anyone own one. Those with the 20" are welcome too.

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

3. Terraformer

It is my understanding the 30" Revitalizer was scheduled to go into full production last month. I was hoping to hear if anyone, in the southern states, had purchased/used a 30" unit that has come out of the production run.

4. Terraformer

Members usually have lots of experience and are more than willing to share. I'm begining to think there must not be to many Lawn Solutions Revitalizer user here.

5. Cracker

Cracker LawnSite Member
    from KS

I have the 20" 9hp model. It works great, we like it so much that we are going to purchase the 30 " model as well. There were a few kinks that they have worked out. In fact the guys from lawn solutions came all the way to S.E. Kansas to install the updated parts, you can not beat that kind of customer service. The turf revitalizer is the easiest walk behind seeder that I have ever used. I could not be more pleased with the results we got from the seed we put down. Great machine.

6. Terraformer

Hey Cracker... thanks for the reply! As we both know LS is getting top dollar for their units. Are you doing more seeding as a result of owning a Renovator? If so, is the Renovator making you more profitable?

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The answers to those questions for me - would be YES. I hae used many seeders in the past, and I can tell you hands down...that the Revitalizer is a superior machine - by far. Not just in operation and performance, but the way it is designed and built as well. The comment was made that LS gets "top dollar" for their units, but when you really see just what you are getting, it (the price) is actually comparable to the others. As a matter of fact, if you look at it long term, it actually comes out to a better value. Afterall, you can't view it as a one time purchase,..it is an ongoing investment tht continues to work for you. I can tell you with great confidence,...not only does this machine perform well,...but i is designed and built to go the distance. TRUE commercial.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Runner,

Your commercial was a little late for me! You already sold me on the Lesco machine then left me high and dry!

Remember? :laugh:

I still wish I could sell my Lesco Renovator and go to the Revitalizer!
    OH Well!

Hind sight is 20-20 as they say!

Terraformer,

I have not used the Revitalizer...but I have seen in demoed and even if it does cost more, you will be able to do 50% more work in the same amount of time vs other seeders!

Remember....you get what you pay for!

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah,...I didn't mean that as a true commercial - as in an advertisement...I meant the machine is built for true commercial duty. Again,...I'm sorry,...and only wish I had known.

10. Terraformer

Runner & Rcreech,

I really appreciate the input... thanks! For the record - I think Lawn Solutions is on the right track, and I do believe the design of their Revitalizer offers additional productivity. As I stated in my earlier post I'm most interested in their 30" unit. I saw it operating at GIE last fall and ran a 20" myself. My thinking is the 30" unit still isn't too big for the smaller jobs/properties, yet, because of it 50% additional width, higher seed capacity and additional horsepower (last I heard 13hp Robin) I could tackle some of the bigger properties (acre+).

Let me explain my "top dollar" comment about the Revitalizer. The 20" Revitalizer doesn't interest me for the reasons stated above. However, if I were to get a 20" machine for small jobs/properties, or spot repairs, I would get the Turfco (around $2k with current promo's) and not be concerned with the lack of hydro drive. While I consider the 30" Revitalizer far more capable than the 20" unit, the $5k price (sulky not included) is fast approaching some 3-point tractor overseeders (new or slightly used... depending). FYI - I already have the ideal tractor for overseeding 1/2 acre and above, so that's not an issue.

Now you know the process I'm working through. Lastly, I haven't found anyone that owns a 30" unit, nor a dealer stocking them. It makes me wonder why and has me questioning my views and the versatility of the 30" Turf Revitalizer???