1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for wholesale decorative stone in eastern PA

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by tunatime17, Feb 17, 2008.

1. tunatime17

tunatime17 LawnSite Member

Anyone know where to findwholesale or direct from quarry pricing for triaxle loads of decorative stone ie: pocono blend, de blend, dixie pink, white, red, honey wheat, maryland etc. I have heard of places in Bangor and Langhorn Pa, but having trouble finding these. I would be buying to supply a yard, so it would be multiple triaxle lods at a time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking for eastern Pa suppliers as I would be coming from Delaware.

2. SCAGMAN411

SCAGMAN411 LawnSite Member

Maybe try scranton materials quarry they should be in the yellow pages, i hav think they what ur looking for

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Langhorne Stone quarry or Delware quarries INC (as it is in the phone book) has a lot of different products. There phone # is 1-800-448 STONE. Ext 203 or 204.

www.delawarequarries.com

4. tunatime17

Thanks for the replies!!

5. 2muchmulch4u

2muchmulch4u LawnSite Member

Check out Haines and Kibblehouse www.hkgroup.com they have quarries all over the place they are usually more competitive in pricing than Delaware quarries.:usflag:

6. tunatime17

2much, what about mulch? I could pick up with tri-axle. Any good wholesalers? Will check out HK

7. 2muchmulch4u

2muchmulch4u LawnSite Member

If you do not mind me asking?

Why would you pick up mulch in a tri from Pa?

Can you take full trailer loads?

If you can I may be able to help you?

What type of grades of mulch are you looking for?

Picking up with a tri is not going to get you a great price on mulch

There is a guy in delaware that has it I think he is close to the Pa/De border Holland Mulch I do not have a number

Who do you get Topsoil off of?