Looking for winter work

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jun 26, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

is the pits..

Here on the cape things shut down for a good 3 months of harsh winter...What I'm thinking is that I need to hook up with a place somewhere in the country thats warm...I hate collecting Unemployment...It's honestly hurts my pride,financial standings.

Regardless, I was looking if there was any type of network to plug into, or a section of the U.S of A that is loaded with irrigation work....I can pretty much adapt and work how anyone wants me to install fittings heads drip pvc whatever..I'm willing to live in a hotel room or a camp ground..But I just want to keep going with mastering water...

Any suggestions from you older Witches would be greatly appreciated...
    Rotard

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

plow snow????

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

my boss plows snow.

but last year it didnt snow....

I want to be somewhere on the East Coast and work for a installer wage....Cash if I got lucky..But I need something.

4. Interesting problem Rotar. If you could live any where you wanted where would it be?

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

I could say in the Carolina's....But right now, cause I'm kind of young I would go anywhere..

6. Rotar-I'd hire you but we manage our winters pretty well plus I enjoy the downtime and don't want a hyperactive irrigator pushing me to work. Plus our 6" valve boxes might cause you to have a meltdown. Here are my suggestions. Post and read ads in Craigslist.Consider becoming a plumbers apprentice somewhere. Find the major home builder installers and see if they need an extra foreman. It may be scary but the pay is great and that is working in the Middle East. I think their are safe places where some high end construction is going on. I have a friend (not in our biz) that says things are great in Raleigh. I envy you-hit the open road, explore, find romance.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

I fully understand where you are coming from.With out a doubt I am looking to get 60 hrs a week..Your 6" valve boxes would prob cause me to go into overload.Although I would most def value our pig tail time together..I think going to craigslist is going to be the best place to get work....I have a construction back-round, but you are right being a foreman is scary.I used to tour with this band called phish. They were a rock act in the Us, but it was awsome the open road, girls @ ever show and an overdose(he he) of fun every stop...

Thanks for the encouragement.......

I know there is someone looking for a good installer to break his back for a good pay somewhere on the intrawebs!!Keep your ears open RP...

Rotard

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've always been interested in a good ski bum that wanted work from April to mid November, and would go off to the resorts for the winter to work. Have found one, but haven't looked either.

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I got steady spontaneous work for ya out here pup, come on out She'll keep you busy. heh.

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

Dont threaten me with a good time..

I'd love to honestly love to have an adventure for the winter....

when is our first work week?