Looking for work. Anywhere in Texas

Discussion in 'Employment' started by davis45, Aug 11, 2011.

1. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

Im tired of the daily grind here in Central Illinois. Packing up my stuff and heading south with a friend of mine. We have no destination, just looking to stay in Texas and find work.

23 years old, lots of lawn expierence. Please contact me for further information.

2. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck to you but right now Texas isn't the best place to relocate to if you want to cut grass. Even some of my irrigated properties haven't shown growth in a few weeks.

3. davis45

Haha, yes I know. I have family down there and I have heard about the weather.

I am looking for any sort of job, not just lawn care, but I figured it wouldnt hurt to try on here.

4. ghunter502

ghunter502 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Maybe you should come to Kansas we are hiring.

5. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

I would imagine with the pesticide experience you should be able to land a job in that field around here, maybe irrigation as well. I see ads for hiring in the DFW area. What brings you away from Il?

6. davis45

Some might say i'm running from problems?

I dunno honestly, I have family in Texas and I love it there. I've been talking about this since I was 18 but i've always had something stopping me. Ready to give it a shot now.

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Crazy Ex-grilfriend ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. davis45

:cool2: you could say that

9. whosedog

whosedog LawnSite Senior Member

We must have details,about the problems,now that you have our attention.You can tell us; our lips are sealed...Make something up if it's not exciting enough!

One of my 23 year old twins is an OTR trucker in training with Swift;he travels to Texas a lot. He says it's hotter than heck down there and all the rivers are dried up gullies,cattle are being slaughtered at a loss, because ranchers have nothing to feed them.There is no rain in sight because of el nino.

You're picking a bad time to go there unless you're a rainmaker or want to work in a slaughter house.Do you honestly think that the daily grind in Texas is any different from any other place?

10. davis45

Not here for advice really. Im here looking for a job.