1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for work in Dayton, Ohio area

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Fannin's lawn mowing, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Fannin's lawn mowing

Fannin's lawn mowing LawnSite Member

Hey don't feel bad...My brother got laid off from a 18.50 an hour job. He was laid off for 7 months before he got the job he has now that pays 9.40 an hour. He had his new car and new Harley Davidson repossed. He is stocking shelves at a grocery store. Here's the true kick in the pants...The only way he got the job ???? His ex-wife's new fiance' got him in there....What a shot to the manhood!!!! Life sux sometimes...You just have to surround yourself with the ones that love you and hope for the best!!!!!!!

2. Fannin's lawn mowing

Anyone in Dayton area looking to get rid of accounts???

3. Pirsch

Pirsch LawnSite Member

Hey there's a guy on Troy Pike in Huber Hts looking for 2 cuts x month...he's taking bids... Go to the general labor on Craigslist...Sounds like a foreclosed property to me... Try it out!

4. Fannin's lawn mowing

Thanks Pirsch!! I sent the guy a quote/bid...I might have been too late. It's worth a shot. Thanks again!!!:)

5. Pirsch

Pirsch LawnSite Member

Not a problem...Trying to help ya out... That's what we're here for! You never know if you get it you might get more accounts from his friends (if he has any! LOL)

Good luck with it. Worse he can say is "No" but atleast you won't be out anything major!

6. Fannin's lawn mowing

I think I responded too late...I never heard anything back on it and it was dark so I couldn't give him a quote...bummer!!! :usflag:

7. Pirsch

Pirsch LawnSite Member

Keep trying him... Check with some of these real estate companies in the area and find out who's doing their vacant yards... I've seen 4 or 5 young guys working on a couple vacant yards around here. I'm pretty sure (99.99%) that they're not working for any company. They're using old standard push mowers and the old wheel edge trimmers for the walks.

I know Kettering is citing real estate companys for not keeping the yards up. I'm not sure about the others but hey it's a shot! Let me know what you come up with!

8. Fannin's lawn mowing

I will thanks for the info!!!:)

9. Pirsch

Pirsch LawnSite Member

Got a link for ya... http://dayton.craigslist.org/lab/130788082.html
    it's Huber Heights but it's something. Maybe you can aquire some accounts on the side! :nono: If it doesn't work just go to the Craigslist here in Dayton and go to Labor it's there today!

10. Fannin's lawn mowing

I tried to go to it Pirsch and it has been removed???