looking for work in nashville

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slabpile, Jun 16, 2001.

1. slabpile

slabpile LawnSite Member

NOT TRYING TO STEAL LAWNS. lol thought i would post this again. a friend of mine is moving to nashville soon and is looking for work. anyone interested or know some one he can call? he does lawn care right now and is very good. he has to be i trained him! lol:blob3:
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Can he sing?
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i worked an all night reasturant right down from the opry
    many yrs ago.at the time there was a song out about there being 1492
    guitar pickers in nashville.there were at least 14000 song writers
    also. none had regular jobs and were for hire temp most any time.
    linebaughs was the reasturant.ive waited on ernest tub ,bill monroe,
    porter wagner ,loretta and many others an loved the place.made 1 dollar an hr on a 72 hr week.it was a lot of fun. oh well by
  4. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Took a friend by my dealer last season to look at new walk behinds, and as soon as we pulled up, a man was tring to hire him @ 12.00 hr. to run a trimmer. I know of many jobs, depending on what type of work, and how much money he wants.
  5. The Right Tone

The Right Tone LawnSite Member

During my time providing Nashville Lawn care I have met many musicians and different recording support people. Most of the time I don't have any problem finding workers but finding good workers is always a chalenge.
  6. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

You are right,finding good help is hard.The Winter job I have worked the past few years didn't have anything this year so I will hang out and spend a lot of time on this site.
    It doesn't take a lot of musicians/song writers long to see they have to get "real" job or starve.
    One of my wife's favorite jokes is: What do you call a successful song writer? One that has a wife with 2 jobs.......
    Another: How do you get a song writer off your front porch? You pay him for the pizza.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I was in Nashville with my family 3 years ago and we really loved the whole time we were there. Friendly people, lots to do. I am thinking that there are quite a few lawn care outfits down there especially in some of the suburbs.
    We were really upset when we saw all that flooding happen in the area. I hope you gents didn't get hurt too bad by it. We took that riverboat ride and it was hard to imagiine how far that river came out of its banks. Take care, you have a really nice city down there.
  8. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about relocating to the Brentwood area. Been there twice scouting the area & am very impressed with the surroundings. Did you guys know, the Walmart in BrentWood has "Valet Parking"? I took a pic the last time I visited to prove such a thing to my idiot Florida friends!

Basically, I'd be hauling debris & doing a few cleanups or landscaping, though I'd rather haul stuff away. I though I might find a place to rent in Nolanville(?)

Do you local Nashvillian's think I could do good hauling etc in BrentWood or Nashville area's? Thanks.
  9. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

Nolensville is a long way from Brentwood and so is the cost of living.
  10. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

"Nolensville is a long way from Brentwood and so is the cost of living. "

About (12) miles or so? I know the cost of living with be higher, So I'd charge more to off set the cost:laugh:

I'd like to find at least one acre on the out shirks, small house or trailer, small back porch I could use as my deer stand!