Looking good for Michigan! (link)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davis Lawn Mowing LLC, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like we may finally be turning the corner weather wise. It's about stinkin' time! Hopefully if we get some rain Sunday it will melt away the remaining snow that lingers around driveways and be totally gone by hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday and I can finally get out and start doing cleanups. Hopefully the grass starts a growin' and maybe we can be out by April 20th or so mowing. I was out last year on April 12th mowing, gonna be a little later this year because March has been so crappy. I was kinda figuring on the last week of April by the way it was not warming up around these parts. Hopefully by the 20th we can be out mowing but I bet it will be more like the 25th or 27th or 2 weeks later than last year.
  2. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I know what you mean, this snow is killing me, I need to get out there and start mowing.
  3. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

It is pretty nice here in GR today, and I am headed up north to go skiiing, there had better be some snow left. I remember last year, I started about the 15th of April, and I was in a crunch for a mower, I put a bid on it on the 14th and picked it up that night, I started cuttin the next day, It was crazy! I look forward to starting a little bit later, it gives me a chance to get more people signed up!
  4. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

It has not stopped TGCL from putting down fert apps !!! Right over the snow and frozen ground !!! :realmad:
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

really, they are doing it?
  6. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm getting Ichy to get out there too! Metro Detroit is starting to look good
    Just bought a 52 hustler super z cant wait to get out there!! Im starting clean ups next week(Weathers forecast looks good). :waving:
  7. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

looking to start in michigan probaly first week of april new accounts are set and spring clean ups keep rolling in, id rather give it the extra week and let the yards get a little bit more dry. just bought a new ferris 3000z with the 27hp and catcher hopefull this is a good machine
  8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I saw a truck out on Tuesday from TGCL. Couldn't believe it.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

maybe I should get out and follow TG putting down applications up here. Then after they leave sell the customer my packages :) j/k
  10. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

good Idea! I think there money hungry At least dont put it down till the snow thaws....GEEEEEZ