Looking good pays

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeff@SGLC.ca, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

and taking advice from most ppl on this site helps too. I usually answer posts then start them but I may as well relate a story.

I was out doing some early cuttings this week and I was at my corner lot that I've mentioned before in quotes and landscape bids and what not. Just finished and we were loading up the trailer when a lady stops by. Asks if we can give her a quote and she lives down the street. Since it was the last lawn for the day other then a trip to the dump I go by and quote.

Pull up, nice corner lot again, which seems to always get the attention of others. I asked her if she had previously used a service which she had said yes to. The last guy she had for 3 years charging $28.00 a week but he kinda got lazy about it she said. I said my quote is $35.00 on the lawn. She says, that's a lil more then she wanted, she may have to shop around. I said that's fine you can give me a call. So she goes in and comes back out and says I asked my husband and that's fine when can you start.

I let her know I would e mail out a copy of the contract tonight for her to review and they are going on a pre-paid plan for the season. She let me know that she drove by and seen us and had to make a u turn to come back for our number. She really liked the set up and we looked profesional and orgainized.

So yes looking good pays off. I don't even think she took a look at the lawn we were working on. Those Trimmer Traps sure do get the business lol.

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you have the white shorts on with the white wife beater shirt on? The body always gets them......

There is an LCO around here who weighs at least 280, wears the above outfit every week...the pics are coming....your right about looking good and sticking to your price.....good luck with her!!! :)

3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Nothing beats a neat looking, well dressed uniform crew.

4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I'm 6'2, 250, wear tactical pants and a blue company T shirt with a huge ass gotee. I actually bid $40.00 to test the waters. Higher then any bid we usually give for res account so I did drop it down to a normal rate.