looking into a new zero turn, recomendations?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KLAlawncare, Mar 1, 2012.

1. KLAlawncare

KLAlawncare LawnSite Member

whats going on guys, im in the market for a brand new zero turn this year not sure what way to go???? looking between a 48-52 size range, i have exmark,gravley, toro,& ferris dealers close by, i like exmark more but open to options. im just not sure what model will give me the best bang for the buck

we currently have around 60-70 weekly accounts and will most likely pick up 10-20more at the start to the season. so far we have been using only walk behinds and have out grown them, i dont want to spend more than $7000-8000 range to be safe.....any help would be great thanks!

2. KLAlawncare

anyone? alot of looks and zero advice

3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

noticed 34 replies and no comments so here is my $.02

not sure there is a best bang for your buck mower. of the brands you mentioned they all cut similarly.

my vote is toro or exmark. avoid gravely they are cheaply made.

check out both sit down and stand on ZTR's.

4. edensgate7

edensgate7 LawnSite Member

to be nice and give a usable answer for you I would go with the exmark or ferris for the sit down zero....toro for the stander zero....have had good luck with both exmark and toro and demoed a ferris and liked it.

5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm thinking Ferris or Exmark. I don't like the Gravely's because they don't have grease fitting's.

6. KLAlawncare

yeah i put some thought into standers as well, i like the fact that they can be used as a zrr or a walk behind in tight spaces, how do u guys like the standers so far? and what brand model are u using?

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

of the ones i've demoed i went with the toro grandstand. the exmark vantage is pretty much the same machine just different deck.

nice wide platform to stand on, easy adjustment of HOC, controls are great, handles both flat ground and hills excellently and saves on trailer space.

personally i'm not too fond of the walkbehind mode. the controls become to high up once your off the platform.

8. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

if you come up with a little more $ come take a look at my exmark lazer with 38 hours. it is like new you wont be disappointed. dont know if you remember but i bought those spreaders off you last year.

9. KLAlawncare

Thanks for the advice guys....I'm gonna head to the dealer to check exmark/toros out tomorrow.....

I mow alone....thanks anyways but a 60 is just to big for my needs....did u end up selling both of the power spreaders?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

no problem but i would put a 60'' anywhere i would put a 52'' as long as there is no gate. i put the 60 anywhere and everywhere it will go and have for years. but its your call. yes i did sell the spreaders.