Looking into new equipment.. Good deal???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dmlandcare, Dec 27, 2005.

1. dmlandcare

dmlandcare LawnSite Member

Hey guys, new to the landscaping business and looking into purchasing our first equipment. What do you think of what were getting for the price?

Brand New....

06 Exmark Turf Tracer w/ 52" 19KAW elec start floating deck
    06 Exmark Turf Tracer w/ 36" 15KAW floating
    2x Stihl FS100RX Trimmers
    1x Stihl BR500 Back Blower

$ 10,250 w/ tax out door
  2. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

right out the door all right, he can't give it away. 19HP is underpowered, and the Stihl trimmers/blower are underpowered with HIGH repair/part costs...keep lookin!:waving:
  3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

$10,250 looks pretty good. The list on the mowers alone are over that.. so it's almost like getting the handheld stuff free.

CHRIS MELROSE LawnSite Member
    from MIDWEST

I don't see how any of this stuff will help with putting in flower beds or installing a retaining wall.??? You landscaping or mowing?
  5. dmlandcare

both....this is for the mowing supplies
  6. dmlandcare

Well i cant mow lawns with shovels and a bobcat, and i dont think a wheelbarrow will help with that either, so im gettin the mowers. thanks
  7. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a real good set up to me. You might look into getting an edger instead of 2 trimmers if you are going solo. Maybe get the BR 600 blower- more power. one good thing about having the 52 & 36 is that they use the same blades.
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I'm wondering if you have and accounts.

Most of us started out with next to nothing...
  9. dmlandcare

no accounts yet, first year in business. Getting our advertising plan together now, and hopefully by march the accounts will roll in.

Thanks for the info Tadams
  10. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Yes that sounds like a very fair price for all of that equipment. I do think that the mowers that you listed are Turf Tracer HP's and not true Turf Tracers. But still one heck of a deal.