1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking into selling pine straw(delivered)

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by alamo707, Mar 9, 2011.

1. alamo707

alamo707 LawnSite Member

Hi I'm new to the forum

I have 12/ac of slash pine that have been fertilized and maintained. These trees produce a beautiful straw that has a nice color and a great shine. I have someone that can bail the straw and I can deliver. My question is how much would I expect to get per bail delivered? I would have 1,000-2,000 bails available. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Located in Middle GA

2. alamo707

alamo707 LawnSite Member

Anyone....

3. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

We pay $3.50 per bale at the wholeseller

4. alamo707

alamo707 LawnSite Member

I would be happy with that for sure.

5. AuburnHort2005

AuburnHort2005 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Do you have any long leaf? I haven't used slash or loblolly in years. What part of Middle GA are you in?

6. alamo707

alamo707 LawnSite Member

I only have slash. Mostly what we have here is slash. Its the best looking slash you will find. I am located outside Alamo GA (30411). I dont see them raking loblolly much here. Thanks for the reply.

7. Oakley

Oakley LawnSite Member

I pay $2.75/bail for slash delivered in Warner Robins, GA.

8. alamo707

alamo707 LawnSite Member

I appreciate the info oakley. Maybe I will be able to find a contact and provide them with straw soon.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

Alomo707,
    What equipment are you bailing with? I'm looking for a hand baler or a small mechanical bailer. Just curious , as I am starting a pinestraw business here in north ms.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. russell s sharpe

russell s sharpe LawnSite Member

I am looking for a pine straw baler box(manual)where can I buy or find plans to build one,thanks Russell