looking professional

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by brandon1022, Jul 7, 2004.

1. brandon1022

brandon1022 LawnSite Member

Driving by the bank today and the guy mowing has his shirt off. It was hot, but I don't think it looks very pro. I was thinking about getting some shirts made up, wearing khaki shorts, and trying to look as pro as possible. Am I waisting my time? Do the costumers really even care?
  2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it makes a big difference. You can also do some free advertising by putting your name on the shirts. Would you hire the guy running around looking like a slob with his shirt off, or the guy who wheres a "uniform" everyday? Set yourself apart.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, I take my shirt off sometimes, and I'm no slob. In fact, I think some of my female customers look forward to it. Just kidding.

My lawns look professional, so I don't always have to when the heat index is 100+

But I will say, unis can look pretty sharp
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i had shirts made for $10/ea. no more ruining my regular t-shirts while sweating off @ work. it all adds to the professionalism.
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi brandon1022,

I think it's a great idea. Tshirts will really add to your company's appeal.
  6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

He's absolutely right, would you want the plumber to take off his shirt while he's working on your toilet. Look, act, and be professional at all times. It'll be worth it.
  7. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

We always wear either khaki shorts or pants along with a red t-shirt. IT looks good to have matching guys. We have had a couple of comments on it. BTW my trailer, and mowers are all red. It kinda looks cool.

8. MightyMc12

MightyMc12 LawnSite Member

I think profesionalism would be gained or lost by the type of body the person shirtless. If some georgous underwear model is out sweating his but off working on your lawn your really going to think something of him. But it would be just the opposite effect if a fat slob is out there. Do you get what im saying? Just my opinion.
  9. MJD75

MJD75 LawnSite Member

Simple.... wear a shirt.. always!
  10. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the shirts and I promise, you will not regret it.