Looking to buy a gently used zero turn mower

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Horstow, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Horstow

Horstow LawnSite Member

I am looking for zero turn mower with a 48"-52" deck and a kawi engine for my yard. I am in the market for a low hour (a few hundred) commercial machine that is only a few years old. I have good dealer support for Scag, Walker, Hustler, Exmark, Bobcat, and Grasshopper in my area. Hopefully I can score a gently used commercial mower rather than paying full boat for a high end "estate" unit. I am hoping to spend around $5,000, but can go a little higher for the right deal.

Anyone have one they want to sell? I am in central Pennsylvania.

Thanks - this forum and site have been a great resource!

2. bobo2

bobo2 LawnSite Member

have hustler 31 hp kawaseki in excellant condition give me a call if interested bob 610 929 9324 i am in reading qrea

3. garmel

garmel LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

TORO Z with DFS bagger. 52 deck, 23 kawa engine 947 hours. Asking $5850

5. Horstow

Horstow LawnSite Member

Garmel and meets1 - thanks for the reply. I hadn't really considered TORO because i assumed they were not as rugged as the brands that sell more commercial mowers. Of course, I am just learning as I go here so if anyone has any input I would love to hear about it. HOw does the TORO Commercial compare to the other brands i mentioned?

6. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro is just as good (if not better) than the other brands you mentioned. I ran Toro ZTRs for a couple years and they were fantastic, only reason I sold them was because the local dealer sucked.

They are very reliable, engineered well, and are rugged.

I can honestly say that Toro ZTRs with the Turbo Force deck are one of the best mowers available.

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey there - I run all toro and exmark. Can't tell much of a difference but I have had them all and I just really like those two brands.

8. wshuntoct

wshuntoct LawnSite Member

We run JD and Toro and the Toro Zero holds it's own with the JD. We were pleasantly surprised, but I must admit that JD is our main equipment and we are not planning on changing. By the way we run 7's and 9 series JD, nt 8's.
    8's was when we tried Toro!

9. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i have a wright sentar 48" with low hours (155 ish)and a wright 52" with lower hours(130ish) for sale with baggers they are mint. call me at 973 557 7847 to discuss if you want. where are you located?

10. Lawncare911

Lawncare911 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have a 2005 Dixie chopper 28hp efi 60 " cut with 270 ish hours 4500 in NJ.