Looking to buy a Kubota KX-121

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by david bailey, Oct 10, 2012.

1. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I bought it new with cab, heat/air, stereo, thumb, quick coupler and a few buckets.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. david bailey

david bailey LawnSite Member

I'm trying to weigh buying a new U55 or used or a 121. why do you like the U55 and what type of work do you do mostly with it. I have a small backhoe(B-26) The E 50 seems to get a lot of positive reviews but I'm not much of a bobcat guy. I've already got 3 bota tractors altho I'd prolly trade my turf tractor to lessen the effect of the whopping payment.
    I might be looking at doing some footer work for a builder here that would help pay for the machine plus I do some work around pool construction and I do landscaping type work as well as debris and trash removal.

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Reach is very important in an excavator. Get the most reach possible in a foot print you can use. Usually stepping up 1 class past the U55 results an a very large machine where as the U55 is not much bigger than a 121 yet gives more reach, more digging power, and less tail swing. The only advantage of a 10k machine over the U55 is being able too tow without a CDL.

4. david bailey

I have a class A CDL anyway and I think I'd rather have the power and reach and push. did you buy yrs new or used. I've seen a 2009 with 383 hrs for $50k with a cab,angle blade and a hammer. I'd deff have to add the thumb tho. Pricing what i would want new would run up to about $75k according to Kubota's website.
    I did see today why I want a bigger machine tho. we were delivering rebar to a pool jobsite and the excavation guys unloaded it with the bucket/thumb and lifted it over the fence. Thats the kind of stuff I need a machine to do.

5. scagrider22

Are you in Canada? I paid around 60k for my 2012 with almost every option, 75k seems high.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. david bailey

that was the Kubota website pricing under "build my Kubota" My local dealer said I could prolly take off 7% of that price. I'm wanting a U55 with cab,thumb,QC and a 24,36 and prolly a 12 and a 48 also angle blade.
    It kinda makes the used one I saw appealing

7. scagrider22

What state are you in?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. david bailey

raleigh north carolina

9. scagrider22

I would check some other dealers on pricing, If you were closer I would have you contact mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid less then that for my fully loaded machine with thumb, coupler and 2 buckets. And I am in Canada. I was around 60.
    Posted via Mobile Device