Looking to buy a lanscape trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowinginva, Feb 1, 2008.

1. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

We need a bigger trailer this season. We're looking for a 14' or 16' by 6.5' w/ tandem axles - brakes on one axle. 2 foot sides w/ expanded metal would be a plus, as well as a rear and side gate. Would anyone have one for sale or know of one? I'm open to suggestions about a trailer, also. Would like it to be within 4 or 5 hours of Southwest VA. Would like to get a good buy.

2. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

we are getting rid of a 24' Big Tex landscape trailer if you are interested....

3. moose203

moose203 LawnSite Member

IMO i would stay away from side gates, the reason is on most trailers it becomes a strength issue. It will be very flexy not a good thing when you start putting weight on it.

Jason

4. mowinginva

We wouldn't want a 24'. Don't need that big and wouldn't want the tougher navigation it would require in our area. Thanks for the response though.

5. mowinginva

Thanks for the precaution about side gates. That is something to consider. It makes it easier to load and unload equip., but we've got to weigh out pros and cons.

6. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:waving:i have one for sale a 61/2x 16, just completely redun, paint, tires, brakes, lights, jack, and fenders. has a plit gate in the rear. message me if your interested, would be happy to meet you 1/2 way and can send pics also. tony

7. mowinginva

We may be interested. What are you asking for it?

8. mowinginva

I can't message you directly yet because of being a new member. We may be interested. Would like to know what you're asking for it and may want to see pics. I grew up in NJ - Burlington County. Thanks

9. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey I have a new 6.5 X 14 full landscape trailer with 4 ft sides, rear gate, bulldog coupler, red (can get any color though) with a brake axle for $1999.
    Or a new 16ft with 2ft expanded metal sides, rear gate, treated floors, bulldog hitch, flushmount lights, SB Fenders, 225-75-15 tires for $1999 painted any color you want. pm me if interested I can get some pics together, and check out www.maxeytrailers.com for a few. They build a pretty high end trailer, and my hot shot guy charges $1.50 a loaded mile no matter if its 1 or 5 trailers. I would check on the national shipping companies for a cheaper ship, Uship, etc. I would be willing to meet you for a fee.

10. mowinginva

Thanks for your response, but I don't think we want to pay that much at the moment. The shipping is an added cost also. Thanks