1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy another mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenatthis, May 13, 2006.

1. Greenatthis

Greenatthis LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I am trying to decide which mower to buy. I have narrowed it down to a Scags Turf Tiger with the 72in advantage deck, or a Dixie Chopper XT300072 which also has a 72in deck. I would prefer to stay with the gas engine over the diesel, so I am looking at either 27 or 29 hp with the Scags or 31 with the Dixie. Any suggestions? My trailer is 82in wide so that is not a problem. Most of my accounts are apartment complexes. I have two Scags mowers already (tiger cubs) and I love them. The only reason I was considering the dixie is the productivity. They claim you can mow 8.6 acres an hour with the dixie. The scags only boasts 28 acres in an 8 hour day, which comes out to about 3.5 acres per hour. I am going to demo the dixie next week, and was just wondering if anyone had any input. Thanks
  2. Greenatthis

Greenatthis LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Just found out you can actually get the turf tiger with a liquid cooled 35hp vangaurd big block.
  3. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

You can also get it with the air cooled 35 HP big block.