looking to buy backhoe seacoast NH area

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C., Feb 24, 2005.

1. ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C.

ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C. LawnSite Member

hi i'm looking to get a backhoe loader to use with my landscape/snow removal business. we have never owned 1 before and we just started our business this past fall. IS is there anyone on the seacoast in NH, MA, ME selling a backhoe? thanks

bill

2. slow release

slow release LawnSite Member

Ace, try looking in Uncle Henry's Weekly. It's $1.50 at most convenience stores. Look under Farm & Garden/ Farm. The best part about it is All the ads placed are pretty local (ME,NH etc..). You can look online @ www.unclehenrys.com but I'm not sure if you need a membership or not.
    Good Luck!
    Also, I've decided to hang on to my mower, FYI

3. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

MB Tractor has used Backhoes that people trade in. They also have a used equipment auction at the Plaistow shop every spring where you can get good deals on used equipment. I'll get some more info on this for you. I got my first backhoe used from MB (Mears then) and last spring upgraded to a new 30HP Kubota. MB is opening a new sales shop on Route 1 in Portsmouth, they also own East Eliot Garage in Eliot me.

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Is the new MB shop where Merchants used to have a small rental fleet?

5. SodKing

Yes, it looks like the reconstruction just started. Probably more exposure than at east eliot garage. Have you ever been to the used equipment auction they have?

6. Lawnchoice

Actually went to one about 5 years ago back when Mears had it.

York rake for 200 bucks almost new.

Wonder what brands the Rye location is going to have??

7. SodKing

MB has them now. I have bought a lot of good items, some just for fun. Last year I went as usual and normally spend just a little money . My wife asked how much I spent when I got home and I said "hmmm...not much a little over 24 grand!!!!""" :) Thats when I bought the new Kubota. I may be selling an antique International at this years auction, it depends we have some other people looking at it as well.

I only saw a few Kubota tractors in Portsmouth. They really haven't even opened yet, still remodelling.

8. Lawnchoice

I might take a ride up there and see what they are going to have for brands. On another note, if I forget to ask them, what is the date for the auction this year?

9. SodKing

not sure I'll call tomorrow if I can stay awake...:) more snow yippee

10. Lawnchoice

I gave them a call today.

Didn't seem to know WHAT they were putting in the new store other than Kubota.

Didn't know when the auction was either. I didn't however call Plaistow.

Good luck plowing guys. At least there is snow around the edges so it should be quicker than the previous storms after melting occured.