Looking to buy new to me equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawncrafter1979, Mar 10, 2009.

1. lawncrafter1979

lawncrafter1979 LawnSite Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  2. Im not sure about the toro as I have never used one, but that JD WB is a great mower! They cut nice and are very dependable. I bought one used about 3 years ago and haven't had a single problem with it. Hope this helps!
  3. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

The JD is a great mower, i run one myself. The toro i cant say as i dont run one but that model looks like a homeowner version. I'd keep looking for a rider if i were you but its your biz!
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

That Toro is a homeowner Z so not sure how much use it has seen or how long it will last. The John Deer walk is a commercial mower and should make you a good mower minus some minor repairs (belts, bearings ) and so on. Toro commercial Zs will last fore ever and are over built to handle abuse the homeowner model is just meant to mow once a week so not sure whether it would be a good investment. You will have to decide how much use the mower will see and whether or not it will hold up for you.
  5. lawncrafter1979

lawncrafter1979 LawnSite Member

Seems like the general consensus is go for the JD but leave the Toro alone. I will probably end up doing that. Thanks for the input everyone!!!