looking to buy this truck any input

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawnkid14, Jul 1, 2011.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is the right answer....that truck has been beat to hell on some off road stuff and has tooo many miles on it.

2. MnGreen

MnGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with Punt66 on his opinion.
    Your talking about a (8) year old truck with under 20g a year mileage on it which is average miles. Especially if it's a truck that is not used as a truck which the miles would reflect, and the condition of it.
    Upgrading wheels and front end component fixes at 150,000 is normal on stock wheels let alone oversized.
    Turning the truck in to rock hopper abuse is ignorant to assume.
    Look @ the truck, get a compression check done on it.
    All the "normal" worries and expected fixes have been taken care of, and the price seems to be well within a national average private party sale price.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Even if it has been off road, its got gobs of new parts. And all the z71s I've been around need front end work around 150k, its just what they do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. pooleo8

pooleo8 LawnSite Member

I would be leary since the trans/t-case and all those front end parts being replaced. Ball joints can be expected here in michigan. Unless the guy just said F it and while doing ball joints might as well replace everything in the front end. Tie rods and ball joints are common. Pitman arm? I've only heard of the idle arm going out on plow trucks. So theres something hes not saying

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Looks the seller bought a truck, used it as a truck, replaced what needed to be, and is now selling it, looking to buy another truck to use as a truck.

Just go check it out. Can't hurt. Be wary, but check it out. I would.

6. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you can get an Isuzu with a dump for that kind of money.

7. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

8. ParkWelding

ParkWelding LawnSite Member

Good lord, A 14 year old gas Isuzu salt and plow truck is what you would recommend to someone not looking to spend much money on a used pickup???

9. ParkWelding

ParkWelding LawnSite Member

If the body is clean, that would probably be a good truck for $7500 or so.

10. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I looked on Craigslist for your area and you don't seem to have near as many trucks listed for sale on there as we do here on the west side of MI. Don't be afraid to drive to get a vehicle, especially if you happen to buy from a dealer. When I bought my current truck I drove about 2 hours to get it.

Here's a 1500 that I found out in my area...

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/2430195186.html