looking to buy this truck any input

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawnkid14, Jul 1, 2011.

1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

How is that truck better?

It's only a 1/2 ton with the same miles and less listed information, plus the AC needs recharged. I'd check out that blue truck first.

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Yes its only a 1/2 ton truck, the blue one he was looking at was also a 1/2 ton, so this one is pretty comparable.

A truck that was driven mostly highway miles will be in much better condition than the truck that was used to go off-roading and has a few aftermarket add-ons (exhaust and larger wheels/tires), like the blue truck. The truck I found is also newer, a crew cab and judging from the pictures posted has just as much stuff, if not more, it has steering wheel audio controls and dual climate control (which would at least be a nicely equipped LT model).

Any used truck you buy will probably have to have something done to it, recharging the AC isn't going to be that big of a deal.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I must have gotten confused, I thought for sure the original truck was a 3/4 ton. My mistake.

Anyways, you're not going to convince me that a truck with add-ons is more prone to failure than a stock truck. The first truck the owner replaced probably everything that needed to be replaced. With the truck you showed, he didn't even take the time to recharge the AC.