Looking to change from JDL turf products. Opinions needed!!

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by SpillMan, Jun 23, 2012.

1. SpillMan

SpillMan LawnSite Member

We have been using JDL fert product for many years with decent success. I feel that the product does not break down properly and get into the soil as it should and lawns are not as green as they could be in my oipinion. We use their basic program with 2 steps of Dimension in the spring and use Speedzone and Q4 mostly for any breakthru. I just feel a finer particle product would serve us better. I am in southern mass so what other dealers and products should we look into for better performance. Any info is greatly appreciated.

2. chris7826

chris7826 LawnSite Member

I emailed several manufacturers asking for their sales rep contact in my area and if they had distributors around me. Most replied or called me back pretty quickly; I now have several options for purchasing my products.

3. Burnie

Burnie LawnSite Member

I switch from JDL to Agrium a couple of years ago. Been happy with the products and pricing.

4. GALAWN

GALAWN LawnSite Member

Look for fertilizer manufacturers. I have some I know of here in GA but fert is pretty much fert in my opinion. N P K and some Fe is only what matters to me.

5. Shegardi

Shegardi LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Switched to Agrium long ago and never looked back. Love their Duration ferts!

6. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Call Jim at Agrium 401-258-5472 awesome products.
    or Fred at Pro lawn supply 508-713-1438

7. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using Agrium for the past couple years and have been happy with there fert. Plus Im not sure if this is the same everywhere else but they deliver everything to me.