Looking to expand

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

And if you can't understand that a truck is not what I am going for right now then I can't help you. A truck is in my plans, just not right now. It all comes with time..

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

So what are you asking then if you have it all figured out? Guys have been trying to help you.

3. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I'm considering selling my chipper and hauling more since I have places to take logs and recycle them for erosion control or firewood. If I cut the biggest logs out, my mulcher will handle the tops and all the brush but that probably wouldn't be as cost-effective as the chipper.

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Nothing wrong with paying cash however sometimes having that cash availble rather than tied up in a machine can be advantageous. 100 ways too spin and there is no "Only 1 right way" too do it. One thing we all will agree on is without equipment we cannot do the work so you have too find what works best for your situiation and regardless of planning no one can predict the future so when it takes a dump you need too be in a situation where you can get through it.

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

F650 will haul about 7 tons and a F750 will haul about 10 tons with a dump bed. One will require a cdl. A flatbed dump is a really good truck for your plans. Sure a debris box is made for what you are talking about but less verasatile.

6. Junior M

Heading to stormcon Tuesday.. It's pricey to get in, but hopefully I come back with some new knowledge and some ideas..

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I wanted to go this year, but just too busy. Let me know how it is.

8. Junior M

Will do.

Anybody else happen to be going?

9. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

What is stormcon?

10. Junior M

Www.stormcon.com