Looking to get a 32" Exmark

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by alpine692003, Nov 22, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I heard good things about exmark mowers and I've decided to purchase a 32" exmark mower as my beginner walker mower... I was wondering, what would you guys @ exmark suggest?

I was looking at the belt / hydro metro models, whatever model you have availble in the 32" model series??

I am from Vancouver, BC, Canada..
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

We currently only offer the 32" deck on a metro belt drive model. The 32" Viking hydro simply did not sell well enough to survive.

I used a 32" metro for several years and my dad now uses it on his place. The machine performed flawlessly. It was an unbelieveable mulching mower. Mine was an old pistol grip model very similar to what we offer today. I would be temped to step up to the 36" however just to get the ECS controls.

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Does the 32 use the same engine deck as the 36 just with narrower wheels/tires or is the engine deck narrower also?
  4. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Terry, why dont you guys have a rider 34 or 36"?

Gravely has a 34" rider that goes into smaller gates.
  5. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

there are a couple of 32's and 36's on ebay right now. BRand new....
  6. eXmark

The 32" uses the 15 hp Kawasaki twin. This is also the most popular engine on the 36 however you can also opt for the 15 hp Kohler on the 36. The engine decks are the same however the 32" has a narrower drive tire and single wide drive belts. The 36" has a wider drive tire and double wide drive belts.

7. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

i jus went through same thing(deciding) and after studying exmark book,several nights looking at back pages on search of this site i bought a 36 metro kohler with ecs ad im pleased.if you would like call terry at exmark and he will give you some good advise.i wanted a 32 but it kinda told me someting if you check the 36 is the industry standard.i think if you buy either exmark you wont go wrong
  8. eXmark

That's a good question! Do we need a 34" rider?

9. syNNer

syNNer LawnSite Member

A narrow rider, definitely. Just demo'd the Navigator this morning in London, Ontario. Awesome machine, now just make it fit through a 38" opening and I'll buy 2. Problem is lots of large homes have pools and pools mean fences and fences mean gates, thus guys end up cutting large backyards with push/walkbehind mowers. Otherwise keep up the great work at Exmark.

I have a 36 metro and absolutely love it, almost bought the viking but the metro works just fine. You'll be happy with anything Exmark.
  10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Anything you need to cut w/a 32" or 36" can generally be cut Better & Faster w/a Hydro Walk...I wouldn't Worry about a 34" Rider.