Looking to get into the business

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by Hayes Outdoor, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Hayes Outdoor

Hayes Outdoor LawnSite Member

We do a lot of landscaping, hardscapes, mowing, etc. I have a few leads on gas stations that have their lots power washed along with a trucking company that has about 25 trucks that they have washed on a weekly basis. This is a business that I am not real familiar with, but really want to learn. I found a spray rig with a Hotsy 3000 3.5gpm pressure washing unit with 11hp HONDA motor and a NORTHSTAR Industrial Hotbox for hot water capability. Its setup on a trailer with a few extras, would this setup work for what i'm wanting to do? I would appreciate any help or info you guys could offer.

2. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

3.5GPM is on the low side. More gpm's is better

3. Hayes Outdoor

Hayes Outdoor LawnSite Member

What would you recommend, how many more gpm's and is there anything else that you would recommend adding besides what I hade mentioned above? thanks

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You will need a large surface cleaner. Remember the psi is cut in half with dual heads. It's the only way you can do large areas in a reasonable amount of time.:usflag:

5. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

flat work - 8gpm hot water with a good surface cleaner

Fleets - never messed with them but I will take a guess at 5.5gpms or more depending on how you plan on washing them