Looking to purchase accounts in NC/SC

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by GrassMonkey, Jun 3, 2006.

1. GrassMonkey

GrassMonkey LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase commercial and residential accounts that have assignable contracts in the Gaston and York county area of NC and SC. Primarily Gastonia, Mt. Holly, Belmont, Lake Wylie, etc. I would be interested in some per cut business and/or equipment as well. Please PM me to discuss.

GM

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

How much money you got?

3. GrassMonkey

small pile of dough

4. MMLawn

I can PM you if you like but I'll be honest unless that pile starts with a high number and has several zeros behind it, at least 5 of them in front of the decimal point, then it is a waste of both our time.

5. GrassMonkey

While I intend to acquire more, I want to take it slowly. I am honestly looking to purchase enough new business to fill an 8-10 hour day a week. I prefer residential accounts with annual contracts - and I mean good accounts with good customers, I don't want your headaches.

I especially seek work in Belmont and Cramer Mountain.

GM

6. MMLawn

Okay, I see and yeah mine in that area are all commercial and rather large ones as I haven't accepted residential accts for 2 years now and none that are out of our base range, no money in it for the headaches and mowjoe wannabe LCO's with their $99 push mower hanging out the trunk of their car that residentials involve.

7. GrassMonkey

I don't have a problem with commercial as I like the work better than residential. However, I have run into problems when acquiring commercial accounts. Most want to go out to bid if the contractor is selling the account. And, for you, if they would do that you risk losing the account because they think that you don't want their business. The residential customers seem to be easier to transition, in my humble experience.

GM

8. GrassMonkey

Small but no mowjoe here.....27 ft landscape truck, 757 and Scags, and Stihl power tools

Well, think about it. Maybe you have one that is not as profitable as it used to be given that your overhead has grown.

If there is any small jobs that don't make sense for you (small mulch jobs, clean-up, etc.) I would be glad to work as a subcontractor.

GM