Looking to Setup Organic Tea Brewer & Organic Tea Sprayer, need help!!!

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Rick13, Nov 6, 2012.

1. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

If you look closely at Tim's site http://www.microbeorganics.com/ under "Where's your data" you will find a link to a Soil Foodweb Lab analysis of AACT I brewed with Tim's 50 gal brewer. http://microbeorganics.com/SFI Microbulator Test.pdf

2. hylinegreen

hylinegreen LawnSite Member

I have a compleat set up if your interested, geo tea 250, 200 gallon skid sprayer with a 400 ft electric reel and a 60 gallon sprayer for a gator let me know if its something you'd be interested every thing is in very nice condition

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

How long will those worm castings last when stored in a plastic bag?

4. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

my worm farmer puts them in sacks, the same kind of material that 50lb bags of lesco turf seed comes in.

i suspect they'd last for years like that.

5. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Rick-
    Interestingly enough I had a client suggest I look into this service. One part I'm not sold on is how can such a little concentrate be very efficient compared to the 1 pound of compost per square foot we're applying when topdressing? Are there any special licenses necessary? I'd like to see an existing compost tea spray company's brochure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, Adam... I know what you mean.

I'm not sure how big of a market here in Northern IL for the compost tea spraying.

I think I will list my ad this year in the paper for "Lawn Renovation with Organic Compost Spreading". Then have my website listed underneath with my phone number also.

I would like to come up with a spraying system for My ExMark Aerator. I was thinking of making a metal frame over the engine so I could sit a 30 gallon sprayer above the engine, so I could spray organic compost tea.

This way, I can see if there is a market for organic tea without spending too much money on something that isn't very well know around here.

It might take a year or two before it takes off??? Not sure???

7. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

a few years ago i was the only one doing this... now almost all the big guys offer it.

i was glad when NC State started doing research on organic lawn care, but since they started releasing results, everybody is jumping on the bandwagon.

8. gj4630

gj4630 LawnSite Member

i tried the compost tea and it did work . My problem with the venture is i ont have a customer base that would make it a profitable part of my biz. It only will be profitable when you spray the yard every two weeks in the early morning or late in the eve.. My suggestion is to focus on making money and not tea.