Looking To Start Fertlizing Need

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by silverado327vortec, Jan 16, 2005.

1. silverado327vortec

silverado327vortec LawnSite Member

Looking to start fertlizing for the first time ever for my customers. Looking for a good link on where to find equipment and product at reasonable price. I checked out lesco but seems costly.
  2. E-9 Lawncare

E-9 Lawncare LawnSite Member

Well, it looks like you're going to have to do some research for yourself on this one.
  3. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of equipment are you looking for? Liquid or granular? How many accounts to you have?
  4. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

ty www.eartyway.com :p :p :p :p :cool2:
  5. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

6. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco has always been competitive with prices up here. check out www.permagreen.com if you have a large enough customer base.
  7. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco seems expensive, but excellent fert products. Sometimes it may be worth it to spend the money. I started out using a Even Spread cheapo from Home Depot. The spreader only cost $30. It was a piece of junk compared to the big ones out there, but it did the job for the 3 years I used it on only 5 lawns/yr. But, you'll want to spend the money on the fertilizer right from the get go. Remember. If Lesco charges you $12 a bag, and you can do 2 lawns @ $25 each.....your profit is still $38 for about 15 mins of work.....that's $152/hr. Do that for 4 customers and you'll have enough to buy a new Lesco Spreader too.

Like I said, use the good fert, and maybe save a couple bucks on the spreader until you get a few bucks saved up. I now use a Meyer HotShot HD which is a push spreader designed for rock salt....but its heavy duty and works great on Fertilizer too. That way I get to use the equipment year round.

If you're charging right, you'll always recvoer your material costs, and it won't take long to recover the cost of a spreader as long as you get a handful of accounts.