1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking to start new business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hotrod1823, Oct 18, 2010.

1. hotrod1823

hotrod1823 LawnSite Member

Hey all, I was just hoping for some advice on starting my own business. I have several years of experience but only one account of my own. I have a Walker mower, stihl line trimmer, and a hand held blower. I also have a truck (dodge dakota and a small 5x8 tractor supply special trailer. I feel like I basically have a decent amount of equipment to start with and grow with. My problem is I d not know what the best way to get new accounts is. What have you all found that works best? Also regarding commercial properties, how do you know when a property is going to start accepting bids, and how do you price commercial properties? Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

did you do a search?
  3. sdk1959

sdk1959 LawnSite Senior Member

Newspaper ads get the best response but you won't have a tight route, at least at first.