Looking to start next summer.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GravyTrain, Aug 11, 2006.

1. GravyTrain

GravyTrain LawnSite Senior Member

My main question is in regards to advertising. I've read several threads already about different suggestions from word-of-mouth to get in the yellow pages. The most popular seems to be flyers and door hangers.

Flyers - where do you put the flyers? What size is typically the best draw?

As for the main question. I'm looking to simply get 10 new lawns for next summer, if I get more, that's just gravy, but 10 is pretty much the minimum I would like to get.

How many flyers and/or door hangers would I need to get on average 10 new customers? When is the best time to put them out? And does anyone have a good online source that they use to print the flyers and/or door hangers?
  2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

you should get around 1 call for every 100 flyers... i have them inserted into the local newspapers for a fee.....

how are you going to live on 10 accounts..... if this is going to be a hobby, no offence but take up fishing or golf or something.....

there are full time cutters who need those accounts to feed there families...

good luck:)
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Target a few neighboorhoods you would like to work in and put flyers in the doors. My flyers are just an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper that I print a few up and then get them copied.

If you have a church or local senior citizens center that has a motnhly or weekly newsletter, You might consider advertising in there as well!