1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking to switch to lesco

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by Italysfinest327, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Italysfinest327

Italysfinest327 LawnSite Member
    from NY

Im planning on changing my entire fertilizer and weed control products next season and was wondering if you could help me establish a fertilization program, i live on long island, ny and we get a ton of crabgrass, clover dandelions, in our lawns. This season in March we applied a 20-3-4 fertilizer w/ Propendi which is supposed to control the crabgrass . The crabgrass control did not work at all. We then apply a second round of a 22-0-6 w/ carbaryl which is supposed to control chinch bugs, but one question on carbaryl, does it also control grubs? And lastly we apply a third round of fertilizer in september when we reseed our lawns. I would like to move to lesco, bc the products im currently using are not doing justice for my customers, this year i used anderson branded fertilizer, and lebanon branded weed and feed on certain occasions, where there we a ton of weeds. I would like a progran next year for fertilizer with crabgrass control mixed in, fertilizer with a insect/grub control in it, and a basic fertilizer to help the seeds grow in nicely and nourish the lawns till the end of the season in november/december, i would also like a recomendation of a weed and feed product that you may carry bc i tend to use that for certain houses. Also if possible to find a local dealer by me, im located in glen cove, ny the zip code is 11542, I buy in bulk so i would like to try to find a reasonably priced dealer, but most importantly i would like to find a good product, to please my customers, thank you
  2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

We would be happy to help you take better care of your customers' lawns. The closest LESCO Service Center to your zip code is in Hicksville, NY, and can be located at:

108 New South Road
    Hicksville, NY 11801-5259
    Manager: Jeff Fowler
    Phone: (516)822-2870

I talked to Jeff today and forwarded him a copy of your posting, and he said he would be happy to sit down and set up a program for you for 2007.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help w/ directions to the Service Center.

3. Italysfinest327

Italysfinest327 LawnSite Member
    from NY

thanks for getting back to me, i actually took a ride by the hicksville center yesterday and picked up some talstar 24-0-6 and spoke to one of the workers about setting up a program, and he has a program already setup for long island, it was a 5 step program, and i think next season thats what i will be switching to, thanks again bob cant wait to see the difference i nmy lawns