Looking to trade for Case skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Digdug, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

Have 06 Ski Doo GSX 600 loaded , 990 miles $5900. Would like to trade for Case skidsteer. 207-926-6060

equipment pics 019 (Small).jpg

2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

DigDug.....I heard there is one Case skid buried in Montana somewhere. In fact, you probably need a snowmobile to get to it.....I heard it doesn't like to start in 40 below temps, but every machine has to have some kinda drawback :)

3. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Ksss
    Since you haven't gotten to this one yet .Why didn't you start you skid and let it run on the way to your job the other day? I thought you said you had it plugged in when you left to got to work.

Might try that next time if you know your going to get to work, when you get there.I usually let the dozer run when i move it because of the tubo other wish i tape the stack.Is there anything about doing that if the dot stops you???Haven't had that come up yet and hope not.

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I thought about when it wouldn't start. I guess I was surprised that it could go from plugged in warm to wont start cold in 160 miles. I made the comment about keeping it running while we were jump starting it. lesson learned. Hopefully the weather will turn around. I would be happy with zero degrees.

5. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

kss, which one wouldnt start? It didnt have a heater of any type , besides the block heater? Good luck.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The 440 was on the trailer and plugged in overnight prior to leaving the next morning. By the time we got to big sky it would not start. The temp in the pickup read 39below zero on the way to Big Sky. Personally I still think it should have started. The TK which had been left in Big sky in 45- zero temps all weekend did start.

7. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Look at it this way the TK wasn't gpoing down the highway for 160 miles at Speeds of 60miles plus?????? So if you figure in the windchill factor ,which don't know if that would count,but i do know it does to me.Might have had something to do with the machine not starting.Something to think about.I do a lot of thinking !!!!! (Smiley)

Only way your know is take the mini home next time and see if it will start after the trip home.By the way saw one of those ground heater on ebay,not to far from me Council Buffs.Have a good day!