1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking to upgrade Mini Z to Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by JaysLawns, Mar 11, 2008.

1. JaysLawns

JaysLawns LawnSite Member

It looks like my Hustler 52" Mini Z with the 19HP Kawasaki is going bye bye and upgrading to a new Hustler 60" Super Z with the 25 HP Kawasaki. I have a few yards with some steep hills and the mini z bogged down pretty good. Now PJ will the 25HP Kaw be enough motor for mowing on hills and a proven motor? I want to make sure it wont lack horsepower and is there a big difference between these two units? Im sure there is. Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It will be fine on your hills, you just need to slow down and let the engine do its work do not over drive it or try to go to fast.
    The 25 Kawi is just about the most proven engine in the commercial mower market, just about every manufacture uses it, very popular and very trouble free if maintained properly.
  3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

You will be sorry if you do not get a larger engine. I had a Super Z with the 25 Kawasaki and was mowing grass when they delivered a new Super with a 27 Kohler. The area I was cutting was pulling on the 25 pretty good, when I went back for the next pass with the 27 Kohler there was a noticeable difference in power, the rpm's held up better under the same load.