Looking To Upgrade to SCAG

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenBlade, Apr 30, 2012.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

tiger cat replaced the wildcat.

2. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

My dealer is literally only 3 mi. down the road from me, making SCAG another selling point. I gave them a call yesterday, they are selling the 52" w/ Kawasaki engine for either $8,225 or $8,325 I can't remember exactly.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

If you google the scag website you should be able to get all your answers. I have a cub and a cat and have no problems. if i were to buy another i would go with the wildcat.

4. GreenBlade

That's the mower I was looking at purchasing, but they are no longer made. I don't need something as fast as the cheetah & the TT is just too big for my needs. The Tiger Cat seems to be the best mower for me, and seems like a reliable mower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

The Tiger Cat is a full bore commercial mower. The cut is second to none. I'll say this, you're making a good decision and with the deck they have, it stripes like a bandit.

6. GreenBlade

Thats really good to hear. Thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. myblacktruck

myblacktruck LawnSite Member
    from Pa

We have a tiger cat and a cheetah both are great machines. The only thing i recommend is get the suspension seat if you get the tiger cat

8. GreenBlade

Yes, the Tiger Cat SS is the model im looking at purchasing.

9. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Hey I'm I'm the same position. I wanna see what people got to say about this

10. THG

THG LawnSite Member

The Tiger cat is the new name of the Tiger cub. In 2010 Scag changed the name "cub" to "cat". The Tiger-cat did not actually replace the Wildcat but sales of the Tiger Cat and Turf Tiger way out numbered the Wildcat and so the Wildcat was phased out. For what you are looking to do, I think you will be very satisfied with the Tiger Cat for the long haul. The Tiger Cat would not be considered a home owner model (that's the Freedom Z), it is commercial grade and in my opinion is a better fit in most cases for residential cutting than the Turf Tiger due to how nimble and balanced it is. The SS model will ensure you have the right engine and the suspension seat.