1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking To Upgrade to SCAG

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenBlade, Apr 30, 2012.

1. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

I had emailed SCAG & they emailed back saying, "The Wildcat is no longer in production, being that the Tiger Cat is the same basic machine." I do believe I have decided to make a purchase on a Tiger Cat!
  2. jrat

jrat LawnSite Member

I recently bought a 52" Tiger Cat. I think it is an awesome machine. I paid $7500 for a left over 2011. I had a 61" Turf Tiger that I traded in. The Turf Tiger was to big for most of the lawns that I do.
  3. GreenBlade

That's really good news. Glad to hear it!
  4. chips17

chips17 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but scag has a new owner sale thing going on. if you never owned a scag before and you switch to scag they give you some nice discount. it saved me about a grand off my cheetah.
    Some customer loyalty appreciation scag has....
  5. GreenBlade

I haven't heard anything about this, but I will be sure to ask the dealer tomorrow and let you guys know what he says. Anything will help to get that price down! LOL
  6. chips17

chips17 LawnSite Member
    from PA

i had no idea about it until i started asking my dealer about the hustler super z. then he gave me the discount
  7. southgalawns

southgalawns LawnSite Member
    from ga

That's is great to know, demoing one tomorrowing, may look into buying if I like.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

put a hydro cooler on. I just put one on mine, I had problems with extended run times and/or lots of hills. You can order the cooler and bracket that was on the Wildcat. Bolts right on. Around $100 in parts.
  9. BlazerRidge

BlazerRidge LawnSite Member

I have a tiger cub and it has been a good machine but now it sits in the shop due to buying a new Turf Tiger. It just depends on what you need as to which machine to buy. If you are cutting large lawns then you can not beat the tiger but if the lawns require more finesse then the tiger cat is the way to go. Also a Tiger is going to run you about 10k minimum so that is also a factor. The tiger cat is a commercial mower so durability should not be a factor for you. The Freedom Z is a homeowner version so I would strongly recommend to stay away from it.
  10. GreenBlade

The dealer that is closest to me does not offer domos, but I do have a neighbor who owns a TC so I will try & see if he will let me mow with it once or twice.