looks like a rough week ahead!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Apr 11, 2004.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: by the looks of the weather our first cut week may be delayed by a week, thank god i just finished my fert on sat, or else id be up the creek, looks like another week to relax. tony

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Blew a brake line dropping a trailer off today so i guess the weather will buy me some time to fix it.

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I'm thinking about getting a hydro seeder, if it rains, maybe I can have the time to check the market in my area.

4. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I got my first cuts in just before Easter for most of my customers, but this rain is gonna suck. If its not raining to hard I will try to get some of this mulch done.

5. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

Same as BigEd here. Got all the Easter cuts in for the customers that had gatherings planned. I have a couple of good sized mulch jobs I will try to squeeze in this week between rains- looks like a soggy week here thru Thursday.

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Yep wet times here also going to look at a ''Z'' mower today and will prob be an owner by night fall

7. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

70 degrees here all week

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hmmm...was supposed to rain all week here last week, nothing but 40 and sunny. Oh yeah, snow while spreading mulch on Saturday at the local Famous Daves, but what do I expect, it's Minnesota. We're lucky that the ice is off the lakes, at least in south and central Minnesota :)

9. mole

mole LawnSite Member

yep same here rain in buffalo ny I also got some cuts in before easter. this will be the first time I ever cut before the 15th of april. Im going to do the rest of my clean ups this week in the rain that's gonna stink. I have only three more to do one real big one and two smaller ones.

10. FatherandSon

FatherandSon LawnSite Member

Yes looks like another wet spring. We had planned on going full bore this week also with the first cuts for the year. I guess it won't be till next week. Seems we get started later each year..

Itching to get started but will be too wet for sure.