Looks like I will b mowing on a three week cycle

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Jan 5, 2012.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Between the frost and the last 2 nights below freezing in my area. I will most likely be mowing every three weeks. I drove by some today but did not need cutting. My cutting week. All shrubs are trimmed neatly, no leaves on driveway basically nothing to do. I guess I will keep on driving. How are the lawns looking in your area? I have seen some guys cutting when they don't look like they need cutting. I guess they are just trying to make noise to look like something is being done. I drove buy other lco houses and their trucks are parked. I guess they are inside watching tv or sleeping.

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

i cut a few today that didn't need cutting but I'm going away to NYC next two weeks.

3. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

Got back from a two week Xmas/New Years break and most of the annual customers didnt need cutting, mostly just picking up fallen fronds and a bit of blowing leaves off of things. Will start removing them as they fall more heavily.

4. BCboy

BCboy LawnSite Member

You guy are lucky to be able to work at yard maintenance most of the year.
    Up here (Canada) we work about 8 months (March-Nov) but we make enough to sit the rest of the year.

5. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Everybody's on 3 weeks!!!!! Finally
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. That's what I'm sayin!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

No frost, no freeze, still cutting every two weeks.

8. williams lcm

I love the smell of cut grass year round. They say it helps promote positive mood. I dont know if this is true. I know what it is like to be up north with the snow. Especially Canada. You can have it. I hate the cold and don't like to shovel. I rather to be in a t-shirt and shorts most of the year.

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Checking on yards right now. No growth and browning turf. Winter annuals still look ok. Tampa hasn't had a real freeze yet. Still waiting for the acorns to drop. That storm they are predicting for next week should be interesting.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. williams lcm

What storm do we have next week? have not heard anything