Looks like Wright Stander has got some new competition.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Sep 24, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

:clapping: Everride just came out with the Scorpion FX fixed deck. Looks like a cross between the original Surfer and the Wright Stander. Nice looking unit!

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I talked to some of the guys with R&D at Everride last year, and I don't think they were making many, if any, changes to the GenIISS. It probably is still the same Surfer with Everride logos. They had a chnace to really get creative on it, but I think they didn't want to outlay the $$ for a few years to see how it went. Nothing still beats the original Wright Stander, IMHO..., and if someone can, I'll be in line to buy three of them.

3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Impact,
    Checkout the website for Everride. It's something new.

4. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

hey impact my younger daughter is at WVU - (let's go - - Mountaineers) - i'm back here in the flatlands of MD's eastern shore - Hows the wright on the hills out there??? do you prefer standing to sitting?? some say it's easier in the body - the legs are stronger then the back etc. - always wanted a stander - have you had both and prefer to stand???

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

They still need something in the small sizes. 32/36". I think their smallest stand on machine is 48.

6. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

wright's look like a tank, those everride machines just look flimsy. i don't know why and can't really explain it but i think hwo a machine looks has a lot to do with it.

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be sticking with the Wright, Everride looks like long and clumsy.

8. Nature-Ally

Nature-Ally LawnSite Member

Pugs,

Wright now has a Stander in the 32/36" deck size. Their website is wrightmfg.com, check it out. They look like nice machines, though I have not personally used one.

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Man , some guys have all the luck with the big, flat yards..lol. I prefer to stand rather than sit on a Z. After we bought our Standers, I sold my 52" Z and both walk behinds. On the terrain we have around here, the Stander is the perfect fit for size, hp, and accessibilty.

10. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I know...I sell them. I was talking about everride...