Loose throttle cable on HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jalawn, Oct 30, 2002.

1. jalawn

jalawn LawnSite Member

I have a 2003 HP with a 23 Koh. Every so often my throttle control becomes loose right where the lever is mounted to the thing that mounts to the frame. Every so often it becomes so loose and I have to use my foot to hold the throttle on high so I can finish the yard and fix it in the trailer. Otherwise the throttle will vibrate back to slow. I have to constantly tighten it up. Any ideas?

Jamie

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jamie,

If you've got a 2003 model, the cable won't stay where it's supposed to and you've already tightened it a couple of times I'd recommend that you take it to the dealer ASAP and have it replaced. Unless they find you've damaged it somehow it should be covered under warranty. Also let me know who the dealer is. We will probably want to get the cable back ASAP so we can have it looked at.

If we get the cable back quickly we can determine if we've got an issue that needs to be addressed with our vendor/production personnel or if you just got a bad cable.

Thanks

Terry

3. jalawn

jalawn LawnSite Member

:rolleyes: Sorry, I meant to write 2002, not 2003! Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, It isn't the actual cable, but where the throttle lever connects to the housing that mounts to the frame.

Jamie

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jamie,

I'd get it in and get it looked at then have your dealer give me a call. I'm not sure if it's warranty or not. We used to offer a washer kit that would fix another cable that was an older design that had the same issue your seeing. I'm not sure it the kit will fit your machine or if a replacement cable is needed. We'll want to look at the serial number and purchase date and all that good stuff. That will tell us exactly what you've got and help us determine what you need.

Thanks

Terry