Loosing Messages

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by turfmarketing, Sep 26, 2002.

1. turfmarketing

turfmarketing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

One several occasions, I've logged into the site and attempted to post a new thread or respond to an existing one. I begin typing the message, and in both cases, the message was quite long. I get ready to post the message, and I'm told that I'm not logged-in and have to sign in. So I sign-in and lose the entire message that I've just typed.
  2. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

email Chuck K. at support@lawnsite.com, attach a link to this thread or restate your problems.

This will assist in bringing the matter to his attention, so he can investivgate the situation.

3. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

Have you experienced this problem in the last 36 hours? There were some permission problems with vBulletin (the forum software) 2.26, but I upgraded it to 2.27 on Wednesday and they should be fixed now.

Pierre-Luc Soucy
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Also a good tip in general.

When typing a long reply, it is a good idea to copy and paste your message somewhere else say like in Word. That way your message is saved if a glitch occurs and your post is lost. Then if you hit the submit button, and your post doesn't take, all you have to do is copy and paste it back in the reply box and submit again.