losing intrest

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whtrash73, May 15, 2007.

1. whtrash73

whtrash73 LawnSite Member

what do you fellas tell your-selfs to stay intrested in your lawn business? used to love mowing now i dread it.the money is good cannot figure it out.how can i stay motivated? thanks for any advise:confused:

2. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know about he rest of the guys, but I stay motivated by telling myself, that as long as I can be successful in this business, I dont have to go back to my 8/hr job answering to the man:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

3. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Im not going to work for someone I hate being around at a place I hate going to anymore:cry:

OT a little here
    underpriced a yard a little bit but STILL making more per hour than what I was at the old job
    (That makes me feel good):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Lets see here.
    Listen to music while you mow.
    Do your route backwards.
    Try some landscaping to mix in with your mowing.
    Raise your prices.
    Buy a bunch of new equipment.
    Get deeply in debt and have creditors calling you demanding money.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Some days are tough but it all comes together for me at multiple points of the day. I'm usually good in the morning and then its just little bursts through-out the day. It is always refreshing to look at a lawn once its done and see the stripes and a nice manicured even cut!

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

If you hate it, then don't do it. I don't do anything that I hate....there is no point in that.

7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Usually it it the first couple of months of the season that gets me. You bust your butt to get things done and customers start griping about this and that. That is when I ask myself is this worth it. My answer is Heck Yes. I do not ever want to work for someone else again. Why make them money when you can make your own.

To stay motivated I think of my bills that are due and if I want to get something I need money, hence the real motivation kicks in.

JP

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Do what Bobby once said......drink a six pack at the end of the day. That is what our workers all do.

9. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

"Get deeply in debt and have creditors calling you demanding money." :laugh:

Gotta love that advice.

10. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

What would you rather - The Smell of Gra$$, or work for A Pain In The Ass???

The lawn care industry lets you experience true freedom. Alternatively, years spent in working the corporate world was nothing further than paid slavery.

Working in the corporate world, you're just a number. When you work for yourself, you're #1.