losing money

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by manningslc, Jul 24, 2007.

1. manningslc

manningslc LawnSite Member

hey guys i seem to be having problems my mowing business seems to be declining i need some advice on what to do before winter comes i would like to get some customers but its kinda late in the season any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks
  2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

There are plenty of services you can learn and offer besides mowing in this industry. You can advertise any time of the year if your company can offer more services. Before I opened my company I worked for another and gained the necessary skills needed to drive mine.
  3. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member

Yes, if you just offer mowing you're not going to do well. In my area I can't even count the number of "lawn mowing services." The market is just over saturated with "weekend warriors" who set out to make a buck. But none of them maintain or design landscapes. That is where the real money is. Also how are you marketing you're services?
  4. manningslc

manningslc LawnSite Member

i mainly use flyers
  5. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Do another round of advertising I have picked up 3 new accounts this week because of the customer was dissatisfied for one reason or another. Like others have stated expand into other area's to grow your Biz.

Good Luck
  6. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member

Flyer's can be a powerful marketing tool. I'm not sure what you're flyer looks like. But maybe add some color and make it look really professional. Also I'm not sure how much it costs, but perhaps advertising in the yellow-pages would be a viable option.