Losing out to Big Business!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J Hisch, Apr 18, 2005.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I am not talking about being under bid or lowballed. Tru-green just took 12k out of my bottom line this year. I have had Kindread healthcare communites here for about 3 years now. This year when I attempt to resign them they tell me they are looking going corporate wide and nation wide with tru-green. So they wanted a 30 day out policy I said fine, and started to mow this year and perfrom services. We are also a pest control operator, and snow and Ice management contractor. I thought nothing of it untill today when I get the call for the 30day out. I accepted it with professionalism, but i informed them they will not be dealing with just one company nation wide becasue 85% of Tru-green work is subbed out to other companies. i.e. mow and blow outfits. they actually are convinced this is going to help them. I thought to myself your hadaches have only just begun. But that's big business for ya, can promise the whole world and the world will believe. Any else have the same experience. You know we all could help reduce this if all lawnsite members would never sub out for Tru-green. I know there are those who are doing it.

2. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

i feel your pain we also lost a good sized Kindread healthcare account this year but i didnt know who was doin it yet it will be funny to see how bad it looks during the year

3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

i have had the same problem as well only i am having it with US LAWNS...... they are .. well heck i dont know what they are. they just lowball things like crazy they out did me by 3k this spring on a HOA and said they would put down mulch 2x and fert the common areas, but when i asked about the common areas they said dont worry bout it....... this was 4 months ago.. have yet to see mulch go down there, and man they have some crappy weed control ... full of weeds. .... this past week i lost out them on a shopping center lost it out over 9k..... how they can do it for 9k less..... beets the heck out of me. but then again after seeing the quality of their work ,...... it justifies the price....

4. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

For some reason people automatically think becasue its a franchise it must be good.

5. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

ya and normally they are the worst beause nobody on the crew could care one way or the other how it turns out as long and they get there lil bit of money for the day