loss of traction

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jaybrown, May 25, 2013.

1. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

My 925 is great on hills, much better than the 800 series. Make sure tire pressure is at the minimum psi according to manual. It also makes it less bumpy. I don't know what else to tell you. Got a picture of these hill grades?

2. Four_Seasons

Four_Seasons LawnSite Member

Get a Walk-behind. lol

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Move seat as far back as possible, lower tire psi, is there weight kit for the rear of the machine? I know a few years ago guys were having trouble with traction with there JD's and they came out with a weight kit or something.
    Look into Carlisle AT101 or Mulittrack tires. Turf savers are horrible on slopes if thats what you have now!

4. DawsonLC

DawsonLC LawnSite Member

Just bought an 09 820A and noticed the same thing about side traction. I think (can't remember for sure) that it calls for 12lbs of pressure in tires, so would 10 be ok?

5. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

Absolutely turf saver is garbage. Any tire with 250+ hours on it is about used up. Get some turf masters and you'll be surprised what it will do. Also add a weight to the back or try mowing across the hill. Don't hesitate to spend the $120+ on each of those tires. It is well worth the $. Then add a dollar per hour to your rate for a new set every 250 hours.