1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lost 350 lawn contract!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1brilord, Apr 4, 2007.

1. 1brilord

1brilord LawnSite Member

Well just wanted to announce that I lost a contract between $50k-$100k. I hope everyone else is having an awesome day like me! I don't even understand why. This was a contract for 350 lawns at $17 a lawn with a non profit organization. The lady had basically inferred that I had the contract over the last 6 months. My company did some routes for this organization last year but was going to do all of them. I may sue in civil court but have not decided yet. I basically built my company and hired new employees based on this contract and this company breached the contract and went with another vendor leaving me high and dry. Any business ventures that I did due to the contract should be reimbursed due to the breach. In tort law this is what usually is done. Anyways pitty party for me.

2. Loy's Home Services  LLC

Loy's Home Services LLC LawnSite Member

Sorry man, that sucks. Take 'em to the cleaners for damages, loss of revenue and everything else. Good luck.

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, that does suck - stuff like that makes it easy to get discouraged. But, do whatever you think you have to, if that means going to court, do it.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure her signature is easy to read on this signed contract when you present it in court.

5. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

Why did they go with someone else? Did they give a reason? That really sucks :confused:

6. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

ya that sucks, but unfortunately thats life. Hope everything works out.

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I know what your going through! We bid a 35 unit condo complex and the guy that was on the "Landscaping/Grounds maint." board, who we sat down with and hashed out everything with said he liked us and said things looked good. I found out this guy had no vote in who they awarded their bid to,wtf! So you guessed it...no condos for us. It wasnt a 50k account but real close.:cry:

8. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

That does suck, but did you have a contract with her and when was it suppose to expire?

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Only 17 bucks a lawn? Maybe she's doing ya a favor. Explain the situation further please.

10. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

A little more info would be nice.:waving: