1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lost 4 accounts yesterday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walshdevo10, May 27, 2006.

1. walshdevo10

walshdevo10 LawnSite Member

I have been cutting these for nearly a year and lost all 4 at once. All of them are about an acre each. Been cutting them for $125. The guy that got the accounts are cutting them for....READY....$10. Not $10 per cut but $10 per month. Unbelievable!!!! Just had to vent and laugh!!!
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

$10 a month? That's BS and I don't believe it for one second! Even the worse of lowballers don't cut grass for $2.50 a week, esp an acre of it.

YOu must have misunderstood the client and the newguy musta been $10 a month Cheaper...
  3. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, $2.50 wouldn't even buy my gas to MOW the yards, not to mention drive out there.
  4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Do you mean just cut, by running a Z in and out, no trimming no edging, no blowing? You can do that in 15 minutes, but still, how he can afford gas & overhead? It is very impossible to me...
  5. walshdevo10

I mean this clown is on an old craftsman riding mower and cutting for $10/month. I thought I misunderstood as well, but 2 others have confirmed it, 2 of the actual homeowners. Hell, they were laughing about it.
  6. walshdevo10

No trimming, edging, blowing. Just cutting it. Apparently he lives in the neighborhood. The guy is like 35yrs old, not even a kid on Dad's mower.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Just be ready to increase your price when they come calling after the idiot loses interest. Is this guy head injured or mentally challenged?
    It also says something about how rediculous customers can be. If they call back, make em pay for leaving. You never know when some other bozo will try the same stunt.
  8. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly, when the old Craftsman dies and the guy can't afford to get it fixed, someone is gonna have to cut the lawn.

But what about the customers? $10.00/month for just under an acre? Talk about taking advantage of someone. Someone's laking in integrity.
  9. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Are you sure you heard the reason you got dropped correctly?
  10. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

If someone wants to cut my grass for $10 a month they are more than welcome. If they make the offer how am I lacking integrity?